Regular price $99.95


Maintaining a clean and healthy swimming pool is crucial for any pool owner. One of the most important aspects of pool maintenance is ensuring that the pool water is properly sanitized. This is where unstabilized chlorine shock comes in. It’s a powerful chemical treatment that helps eliminate bacteria and algae in the pool water. It is convenient and easy to use, highly effective, and produces crystal clear water with a low residue.

Here are some important things to keep in mind when using unstabilized chlorinating granules:

  • Test your water regularly: It's important to maintain the recommended daily chlorine levels as determined by a testing kit. This will ensure that your pool is safe and healthy for swimming.
  • Pre-dissolve the granules: To minimize bleaching, it's recommended to pre-dissolve the required amount of shock in a plastic pail with a concentration not exceeding 1 kg per 10L of water. Always add the chemical to water and never water to the chemical. Once the granules have dissolved, add the resulting slurry directly to the pool water.
  • Super chlorinate at dusk: Initially, it's recommended to super chlorinate pool water with 150g of shock per 10,000L of pool water. For best results, super chlorinate at dusk. This will allow the chlorine to work overnight and be ready for swimming the next day.
  • Store in a cool, dry place: Unstabilized chlorinating granules should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Exposure to heat and sunlight can cause the granules to break down and lose their effectiveness.
  • Use caution when handling: Always wear gloves and eye protection when handling chlorine products. In addition, keep the granules out of reach of children and pets.